Thursday, September 4, 2008

Some Custom Ideas

Some people want just a standard invitation- and that's great! You know what? Your guests have probably never even heard of a boarding pass invitation, and probably the most simple design with no embellishment would still be seen as creative and exciting. But some of my clients want a little "extra". For these clients, the plain white envelopes just won't do! Now, embellishment can be as simple as a printed bellyband (as seen on the Kathi & Ryan boarding pass invitations, and the Danielle & Ashley boarding invitations below) or as elaborate as a shell bellyband with coordinating RSVP and mailing envelopes.

Here are a couple of my current favorite "embellished" invitations...

LISA & MAX
I did these boarding passes a long time ago, but they are still some of my favorites. Lisa had a great sunset color scheme. I LOVE the vibrant red, orange, and yellow in her design. We used a metallic orange sleeve, with translucent vibrant external mailing & RSVP envelopes. The colored RSVP envelopes make a lovely contrast with the orange sleeves and white glossy paper. The finishing touch was a raffia and mother-of-pearl bellyband and the whole set was tucked in another translucent yellow envelope.

Photobucket

Photobucket



REI & JONATHAN
Every once in a while, I don't design with the bride, I design with the groom. Jonathan was one of those grooms (and I should say that Rei is a lucky bride!). Jonathan had a very clear idea of what he wanted and his vision of incorporating an oriental feel with an earthy, elegant design was perfect. His color scheme of natural greens, golds, tans and touches of pink was the perfect introduction for his guests to their Hawaii wedding ceremony to come. The simple raffia bellyband also fit the natural theme of these invitations and the moss envelopes are some of my favorites I've used so far.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: